Monday, July 20, 2015

A is for Amy, and for Awesome. Coincidence? I think not.

The greater adoption community has turned out to be quite a cornerstone for me, and our family.

One of those people in the community who I consider a friend is, well, a "poor blogger". (Ha ha those are her words, not mine. See?: http://waitingformaisy.blogspot.com/2015/01/poppys-story.html)

I understand that, the whole poor blogger thing. I too had neglected our old blog for our journey to Phoebe. But I am so thankful for having it as it was healing for me, helped during the wait, and serves as a journal to her blessed story.  This is it: http://barefootandadopting.blogspot.com/

I think that, while Amy and I may not post exceedingly regularly, we do post some awesome stories that paint the picture of our lives, and our loves.

In fact, Miss Amy has a wonderful way with amusing words which knits together a picture of family beautifully, of loss and gains, of fighting for another, of the surprising and sweet things that come from the mouths of babes, and so much more. All the while working and keeping her house hold running. She is a great mom, sweet friend, and rather good at doing that juggling trick that us moms learn to hone as a useful skill.

Recently, she reached out to me to do an auction together to help raise money for both of our children (oh, and that was after already working to help another family in need) You see, Amy has an amazing heart.

We are kindred spirits in many ways.  Even down to the fact that we are both intelligent people who sometimes cannot walk and chew gun at the same times.

That is ok. we don't need to.

Who needs mobility whilst partaking of a gummy treat ANYWAY?

We have shark week and that is good enough.

I am thankful for her.

And last but not least, thank you to all of you who donated items, attended the auction, shared it to your pages, and bid at the auction. We two ladies Praise Jesus for YOU, we really are so thankful.


xie xie




No comments:

Post a Comment